Around The Stacks In How Many Ways – A 2012 Book Challenge!
When fellow blogger Daniel from Dog Ear Discs asked me if I’d be interested in hosting a book challenge with him in 2012, I jumped at the chance! Neither of us tend to read a wide variety of genres, and so we thought, why not make it a challenge for the new year? This year I’ve discovered a new-found love and appreciation for science fiction and fantasy novels, so it would be great to think there’s a possibility that I might discover a new genre in the process of this challenge.
The challenge is called ‘Around The Stacks in How Many Ways’ and the idea is simple: to read as many genres as possible through the year, from the 1st January to the 31st December 2012. Both Daniel and myself would love to see other bloggers taking part, so if you’d like to give it a go please leave a comment below and grab the banner above to pop in the sidebar of your blog.
The choice of genres are as follows:
- Young Adult
- Historical Fiction
- Comedy/Black Comedy
- Graphic Novel
- Classic/Modern Classic
- If you’re a book blogger, you can use review copies as part of the challenge.
- You have to review the book if you are a blogger, even if it’s just a paragraph.
- Feel free to use books from other challenges, if you like.
- Sign up in the comments thread at the bottom of this post. Leave your name and blog address and I will add them to this post.
- Feel free to add more genres if you need to, the above is just to start you off.
- You DON’T have to be a book blogger, but it would be nice to see people blogging about their reads.
- Hiker – Up to 5 genres
- Backpacker – 5-10 genres
- Traveler – 10-15
- Palin-esque – 20+
This is the first book challenge I’ve taken part in, and I want to make it a great one, and the best way for that to happen is to get as many of you involved as possible! So if you’re like us, and want to expand your reading horizons, please do leave a comment below.